June in Huntsville – Summer’s Red Carpet!
With summer weather arriving, June is when events, activities, and live music start heating up in Huntsville! No matter what you are looking for — discovering cultural music, exploring unique art galleries, enjoying a pint and some live music, wandering through a local farmers’ market, or even getting your groove on at a dance party — you’ll find it in Huntsville starting in June.
Check out the many events that are happening this month — there’s a little something for everyone!
Huntsville Festival of the Arts
The Huntsville Festival of the Arts summer program starts in June with a fantastic array of performers and artists. The summer season kicks off June 1 with the month-long Huntsville Art Crawl, a free, self-guided art tour around Downtown Huntsville featuring local artists.
The lineup continues with exciting live performances by acclaimed artists from all over Canada, including Cuban/Latin music by Alex Cuba, 50s and 60s rock from The Dreamboats, jazz and opera by Measha Brueggergosman-Lee, and the sound of country by Grammy-nominated Steven Lee Olsen. Check out huntsvillefestival.ca for the full slate of summer fun and get your tickets today!
- Huntsville Art Crawl, June 1 – 30 | Downtown Huntsville
- Tom Thomson Canoe Murals, June 12 – 17 | River Mill Park
- The Dreamboats, June 16 | Algonquin Theatre
- Alex Cuba, June 22 | Algonquin Theatre
- En Plein Air Art Market, June 24 | River Mill Park
- Measha Brueggergosman-Lee, June 29 | Algonquin Theatre
- Steven Lee Olsen, June 30 | Algonquin Theatre
Canvas Brewing Co.
If craft beer and patios are more up your alley, check out Canvas Brewing Co. in Downtown Huntsville this June.They have something going on almost every day of the week! Withtrivia nights, open mics, dance parties, and more, Canvas is the coolest place to be on a hot summer night.
- Trivia nights with Linda Fraser every Thursday
- Open mic nights with Sean Cotton every Wednesday
- Live music every Friday & Saturday
- Summer Neon DJ Dance Party, June 10
Etwell Concert Series
Looking for some live music outdoors? Check out the Etwell Concert Series hosted by the Spring family. The series features internationally acclaimed blues artists in an amazing outdoor country setting. Visit etwellconcertseries.ca for more information.
- Dawn Tyler Watson, June 4
- Ronnie Douglas Band, June 11
- Morgan Davis, June 18
- Lance Anderson & Nola Parish, June 25
Cool off and crank up the heat with some indoor tunes at the Algonquin Theatre in the heart of Downtown Huntsville. This theatre hosts amazing artists and performances year-round; from plays to concerts there is something for everyone. See below for their June lineup! Visit algonquintheatre.ca for more info.
- Heat Wave: A Tribute to Linda Ronstadt, June 15
- Against the Wind: The Ultimate Bob Seger Experience, June 23
- XV Years: A History of Rock ‘n Roll, June 24
June signals the return of farmers’ markets in Huntsville and Lake of Bays. Explore local vendors for great produce and products.
- Canvas Brewing Co. Summer Artisan Market, every Tuesday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM | Canvas Brewing Co.
- Huntsville Farmers’ Market, every Thursday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM | Huntsville Fairgrounds
- Baysville Farmers’ Market, every Friday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM | Season2Season Garden Market
Check out our Events Calendar for more information on these events and more!