The maple-inspired collaboration beer between Muskoka’s local craft breweries returns!
Four of Muskoka’s craft breweries are back on the Muskoka Maple Trail with the return of Pancake Breakfast Specialty Maple Ale, a toasted golden brown ale that is inspired by a perfectly flipped pancake.
Clear Lake Brewing Co., Lake of Bays Brewing Co., Sawdust City Brewing Co., and Muskoka Brewery have teamed up local sugar bush Sweetwater Maple Syrup Supplies & Sugarbush to create a unique, delicious brew like no other. Instead of using water as its base like 99.9% of all beers, the brewers actually used maple sap, freshly collected from the sugar bush in Bracebridge. The sap was then transported to downtown Torrance where the beer was brewed on-site at Clear Lake Brewing Co. During the brewing process, 100% pure local maple syrup was added to make this beer an authentic toast to the annual spring harvest.
With a doughy malt centre, aromas of cinnamon & vanilla lead the way while the maple syrup provides a rich body and lingering sweet finish. The maple ale will remind you of sitting around the table enjoying a warm plate of pancakes drizzled with Canada’s favourite syrup.
Where to Sample the Brew
This is the third spring collaboration for this specialty brew and if the last two springs are any indication, it will be popular. There are only 6 places to try this beer;
- Clear Lake Brewing Co.: Open Friday and Saturday, Noon – 10pm. Stop in for lunch or dinner and pair your pint with their deliciously tasty menu.
- Lake of Bays Brewing Company: Visit the brewery in cheery Baysville, open Friday to Sunday during March & April. Tours are available on Saturdays 12pm – 3pm by appointment. Lake of Bays Brewing Co has a whole new core line-up!
- Huntsville Brewhouse: Visit Lake of Bays Brewing Co.’s newest creation – a brewpub located in downtown Huntsville!
- Sawdust City Brewing: Open 11am – 11pm daily. Stop in for a pint at the Saloon(home to 18 draught lines), grab a tasty bite from their Saloon menu, or take the brewery tour. Tours are available by appointment on Saturday between 1pm – 3pm.
- Muskoka Brewery: See their newly renovated tap room, sample the latest installment of their Moonlight Kettle Series, or have a pint on their patio by the fire. Take their brewery tour available daily at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm.
- Muskoka Maple Festival: Visit the Maple Beer Garden at Muskoka’s grandest celebration of maple, April 27, 2019 in downtown Huntsville. This family-friendly event has great entertainment, treats, food, shopping, and of course MAPLE!