March 18 COVID-19 Update
- Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
- Town of Huntsville COVID-19 Information and Updates
- Township of Lake of Bays COVID-19 Updates
- District of Muskoka COVID-19 Updates
Business Financial Assistance
The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) has been given $10 billion to loan to small businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. They have created a support webpage with links for small business loans, working capital loans and purchase order financing.
- Temporarily boosting Canada Child Benefits payments
- New Emergency Care Benefit to provide income support to workers who have to stay home without access to sick leave
- Extending the tax filing deadline to June 1
- Allowing taxpayers to defer tax payments until after August 31
- A six-month, interest free reprieve on student loan payments
- Department of Canada Finance
- Global Affairs Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Destination Canada
Let Us Help
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce has published the following guide to assist businesses in working through the changes COVID-19 will have on your business.
The Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses has also published helpful resources for your business.
We know your businesses are already experiencing the devastating effect COVID-19 is having on local tourism. Our regional tourism organization, RTO-12, has published the following update and information.