Skijoring brings a whole new meaning to winter fun, and is one of the greatest winter experiences you will ever try!
Skijoring is relatively simple, and is a great way to get outdoors with your loyal four legged friend. Even if you have never skied before, skijoring is for all skill levels. All you need to try is:
- A dog that is big enough to pull.
- Dog harness: for the comfort of your dog, please don’t use a collar as they will be doing quite a bit of pulling.
- Skijoring belt and line: the skijoring belt will wrap around your waist, and connect you to your dog.
The SportLab will be hosting skijoring sessions at Arrowhead Provincial Park.
Meet at the Arrowhead Provincial Park Birches Parking Lot, and look for The SportLab banner.
2020 Winter Dates:
The SportLab makes this exciting sport as accessible as possible during these sessions! If you do not have your own dog, you must call The SportLab (1-855-776-7852) to register prior to the date you wish to attend.
For the day of, all you will need to participate is:
- An Ontario Parks (and ski) pass (purchased at the front gate)
- Cross country skis and poles (or if you do not have a pair you can rent from Arrowhead)
- Your pooch!
Harnesses, belts and lines will be available for loan or purchase on the day of.
Address: 451 Arrowhead Park Rd, Huntsville, ON P1H 2J4, Canada
451 Arrowhead Park Rd, Huntsville, ON P1H 2J4, Canada