The holiday season arrives in Huntsville this weekend!
December is just around the corner which means the holiday season in Huntsville is here! Markets, lights shows, concerts and so much more. Keep reading below to find the 8 activities that make visiting Huntsville a must this weekend!
Muskoka Market: Huntsville Holiday Edition
The Downtown Huntsville BIA is working with local partners to bring the community together to shop local and take part in some holiday cheer this Saturday November 27 from 12 – 8pm and Sunday November 28 from 10am – 2pm at the Muskoka Market: Huntsville Holiday Edition! The streets will be decorated with holiday cheer, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be here, cafes will have hot chocolate available, there will be carolers and dancers, food, holiday shopping and so much more!
What Can you Expect?
Outdoor Holiday Vendor Market
- Al Truistic’s Beer Bread Bakery – Delicious beer breads using Craft Brewed beers, ales and meads that will tantalize the taste buds.
- Alair Homes – Enjoy a cup of hot apple cider and get a sneak peek of the #AlairHolidayHome that needs your vote so the Alair Muskoka team can win $1,000 to donate to the Huntsville Hospital Foundation!
- Botanic Arts – Artisan soap and skincare, made in Muskoka, Ontario.
- Chainsaw Tom / Muskoka Fractal Co.
- Change By Design Wellness – Essential oil products, spa products, specialized teas, gift packages, chocolate and more.
- Ello and Ava – Handmade accessories for pups & their people.
- Golden Rescue – Golden Rescue is one of the largest single breed rescue groups in Canada.
- Highland Soy Candle Co. – 100% All Natural Soy Wax, Essential Oils for fragrances with a rustic theme.
- Homespun Huntsville – Hand poured candles, soaps, small knits and small wood crafted items. Only pure essential oils and ingredients in all soaps & candles. Yarn is super soft cotton, bamboo and alpaca.
- Humble Warrior By Lola – High quality, effective personal and beauty care products.
- Keepsake Treasures – handmade treasures and unique gift ideas!
- Lake Vernon Jewellery Design Leather and Furs – Real fur hats, mitts, keychains, sheep skin insoles.
- Lifestyle for Life – Specialty teas, health food products, waffles, chocolates, spa products, tea accessories, health and wellness products and more!
- Muskoka Craft Honey – Incredible, hand crafted, and delicious small batch honey, plus 100% Beeswax candles.
- Muskoka Honey Bee – 100% Pure Wildflower Honey & Artisan Products from Muskoka.
- Parklane Jewellery – Designer Inspired Jewelry.
- Pinecroft Woodworking – Custom and one of a kind pine furniture.
- Pink Zebra – Fragrance, soy wax candles, diffusers and more!
- Saucy Muskokan – Healthy sauces for families – hot sauce, cranberry, pasta, pizza and BBQ sauce!
- Scentsy – Wickless candles and scented fragrance wax for electric candle warmers and scented natural oils and diffusers.
- Sugar Nuts Mini Donuts
- Sweet Creature Ice Cream – Vegan ice cream & truffles.
- The Table Soup Kitchen – Bring an item of food to contribute to the Holiday Food Drive!
- Varlin Authentic – Handcrafted décor & accessories from Turkey.
- Unique Woodworks – Wood products, signs, wooden boxes, candles, cutting boards, live edge benches.
- Wiffs and Waggs – Treats for your pup.
Live Music & Entertainment
Saturday November 27 at Town Hall
- 12-1pm Two Four Time Quartet
- 12-1pm Huntsville Ukulele Group
- 1-2pm – James Gray
- 1:30-3pm – JJ Dance
- 3pm – Huntsville Community Choir
- 3-4pm – James Gray
- 4-6pm – Gina Horswood
- 6-8pm – Jeff Stampy
Illuminate the Night Winter Drone Show
At 7pm sharp on November 27 – the Downtown Huntsville BIA is hosting Illuminate The Night – a winter inspired light drone show overlooking downtown Huntsville! Drones will be 400 feet in the air and you can view this show from Main Street. This is something you will not want to miss! A socially distanced, family friendly show where you can enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate surrounded by holiday music!
Huntsville Brewhouse Beer Garden
Children’s Holiday Shopping Adventure – with Pharmasave and The Nutty Chocolatier on Sunday November 28 from 10am – 2pm.
Tree Lighting Ceremony
This Thursday November 25, at 6pm, the holiday themed fun kicks off as the Downtown Huntsville BIA and the Rotary Club of Huntsville are hosting a Tree Lighting Ceremony in front of Town Hall. The Huntsville Community Choir will also be joining for some holiday cheer!
Customer Appreciation Crawl
As a way of saying thank you, the merchants of Downtown Huntsville are once again hosting the Customer Appreciation Crawl this Thursday November 25 from 5 – 9pm!
Some of your favourite local stores are working together to offer special discounts, goodies and a fun evening of shopping! Collect stamps at participating stores, while shopping and enter to win one of three gift basket brought to you by the merchants of Downtown Huntsville! Stamp cards will be available at each participating merchant the night of. At the end of your shopping adventure, you can submit your stamp card at any of the participating merchants and shortly after the crawl, winners will be announce for the gift baskets!
Eclipse “Walk with Light”
Looking for some new and exciting to try? Eclipse “Walk with Light” is a brand-new interactive, unique and artistic sound to light forest night walk at the Rotary Village Station inside Muskoka Heritage Place (100 Forbes Hill Drive) in Huntsville. Participants walk a circular path of light, where they will encounter unique heritage buildings and illuminated soundscapes linked to the seasons of the year, and the cycles of the day and moon. There is music, spoken words and thousands of interactive lights that respond to sounds created by the visitors themselves. Open all weekend from 6-10pm, take the time to enjoy this incredible new feature for just $5 (free for 12 & under).
Hoppy Holiday Market
Huntsville Art Society – Art Marketplace
Shop local this holiday season! The Huntsville Art Society – Art Marketplace is taking place at Partners Hall inside the Algonquin Theatre on Saturday November 27 and Sunday November 28 from 9am – 4pm.
2021 Warren Miller’s “Winter Starts Now”
Dwayne Gretzky Concert
Deerhurst Resort is excited to welcome back Dwayne Gretzky on Saturday November 27! This fan favourite band is a live music collective celebrating the greatest songs of all time. Transcending both era and genre, this prodigiously talented group of Toronto musicians captivates audiences with a tour of artists from both the classic and modern pop canon – from Bowie to Beyoncé, Springsteen to Spears, The Supremes to The Strokes. And where better to celebrate with them than at Deerhurst Resort – just in time to kick off the holiday season!
Need a place to stay to make the most of your holiday season visit to Huntsville? Check out these great accommodations nearby.