Downtown Huntsville Holiday Gift Guide
There is snow on the ground and the holiday season is here. There has never been a better or more important time to shop local. Downtown Huntsville shops and businesses have a wealth of gift ideas available. At local shops, galleries and restaurants you will find something for even the most discerning on your list. These businesses are working diligently to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable shopping experience this holiday season. We have broken up the list by category to make it even easier for you to find that perfect gift for your friends and family with the Downtown Huntsville Holiday Gift Guide!
For the Collectors of Special Things
- Artisans of Muskoka carries the work of up to 200 artists at a time, the majority from artists and artisans who live in Muskoka. Their Main Street location is truly a unique shopping experience full of amazing gift ideas.
- Christmas Tyme is the store that celebrates the holidays all year round. The store embraces the magic of the season with ornaments, home décor and gifts, many of which can be personalized for that special someone.
- Two Horse Gallery is situated in the heart of Huntsville’s Main Street. An eclectic gallery and gift shop, Two Horse features fine art, home décor and gifts with on-site customization and laser engraving.
- Gifts 4 Friends is full of collectables, crafts and candles and second hand and vintage items. Head there to find that unique gift for the person on your list who has everything.
- Kettering operates a full-service flower shop in the heart of Huntsville. Order a holiday floral arrangement for your sweetheart or simply browse their lovely collection of florals, bath, skin care, home goods, candles, art and more.
- The Friendly Fox offers a delightful collection of handmade products, home décor and unique accessories. They carry locally created, distinctive metalwork and strive to create and curate products to inspire all your favourite people and places.
- The Ole Red Door is an eclectic antiques shop situated on Main Street West. You can find a unique, one-of-a-kind gift from their selection of vintage items ranging from furniture and books to dishware and décor items.
For the Fashion Forward
- Big Bear Outfitting and Supply Co. is located in the heart of downtown Huntsville. The clothing store offers perennial favourites such as their Muskoka branded clothing and Big Bear sweats as well as providing custom embroidery and screen printing for companies, teams and events.
- Miss Lester’s is Muskoka’s source for dancewear and costumes. They are currently creating reusable isolation gowns and masks alongside their regular line-up of dancewear, bridal wear and accessories.
- Muskoka Bear Wear offers proudly Canadian made clothing from their Main Street location. Shop sweats, hats, socks, mitts and toques and more for all your friends and family this season.
- Plum Loco is an eclectic clothing and accessory shop. They specialize in fun and funky fashions for women in all sizes as well as fashion accessories for the ladies in your life.
- Reflections of Muskoka has 5000 square feet of clothing and footwear for the whole family. Muskoka’s exclusive franchise for Roots and Hatley, Reflections of Muskoka carries all your favourite brands combined with friendly and knowledgeable staff to help you find the perfect gift this season.
For the Wellness Lovers
- Aimee Sinclair Personal Training focuses on improving overall strength, posture, functionality, balance and endurance through classes and personal training. Give the gift of health and fitness this holiday season.
- Huntsville’s Hometown IDA Drugstore encourages you to harken back to the days of the old fashion drugstore of yore. Aside from their full-service pharmacy you will find a wide selection of home healthcare products as well as mobility aids and safety equipment.
- Knox Chiropractic & Massage Therapy supports and assists the entire family in optimizing their health. They create comprehensive, individualized treatment plans that focus on whole body care and wellness.
- Muskoka MVMT Clinic is a physiotherapy and sport injury clinic located on Huntsville’s Main Street. They work with patients of all ages using exercise, manual therapy and education to help you reach your full healthy potential.
- Huntsville Pharmasave offers traditional pharmacy services in addition to so much more. In their store you can find clothing, giftware, books and magazines and small food items. Make Huntsville Pharmasave your one-stop-shop this holiday season.
- Soapstones Natural Skincare offers customers beautifully crafted, natural products from their beautiful downtown shop. Providing luxurious and thoughtfully designed products for the whole family including bath, body, face, foot and hair creations as well as products for your baby and even your pet!
- The Great Vine is Huntsville’s neighbourhood health food store. The Great Vine is dedicated to supporting the community by providing access to supplements, natural hygiene products, bulk herbs and spices, frozen food, pantry items and more.
- The Topiary carries a wide variety of tumbled stones, large crystal showpieces, smudge and aromatherapy products. The Topiary’s priority is to help customers find the healing tools they need and to help guide them on their spiritual journey.
- Veda Yoga has two hot yoga studios at their Brunel Road location. Their studios provide a sanctuary where students can practice yoga and heal emotionally and spiritually through all-natural consciousness-based healing classes and practices.
For the Well Groomed
- Donna’s Hair Design cuts and styles hair for the whole family. Visit them this season for that new style you have been looking at, a change of colour of just a simple trim.
- Heather’s Hair Design takes care of all your hair needs and products, while ensuring safe and friendly service.
- Mid-Town Barbering & Hairstyling offers classic barbering services for the discerning individual. With many years of experience, go and see them for that perfect holiday trim.
- Nancy’s Hair Quarters offers hair cuts, styling and other beauty salon services. Nancy’s will get your hair ready for all your holiday photo shoots.
- Orbis Barbershop & Salon offers a modern and unique setting at their Brunel Road location. They do cuts for men, women and kids of all ages, as well as extensions, up-dos and colouring.
- Shear Elegance offers haircuts and styling from their West Street North location. Visit them to get that perfect cut or style you have been putting off for too long.
- The Hudson Hair Salon & Spa brings all the look and feel of an upscale city space with a warm and relaxing Muskoka ambiance. They offer professional styling as well as a range of spa services including facials, manicures, pedicures and more.
- Dog Gone Beautiful is a full-service dog and cat grooming service. Get your pet looking their holiday best this season and maybe pick them up a gift while you’re at it!
For the Home Decorators
- All About Kitchens has a team of designers and craftspeople who have been designing and building kitchens and kitchen renovations for 20 years. The team can also reinvent your bathroom, laundry room or home office with new cabinetry, shelving and countertops.
- Decorated on Main is your source for stunning and stylish holiday gifts for everyone on your list. Shop their collection of fashion and home décor including baby and shower gifts, jewellery and accessories, glassware and furniture.
- Urban Rustic Living is your complete stop for all your home needs. They specialize in home décor and furniture including outdoor furniture, lighting, bedding and linens as well as complete design services. Urban Rustic Living strives to inspire your creativity and bring your décor dreams to life.
- Wooden Penny sells handcrafted furniture, kitchens and décor for your home or cottage. Shop for that perfect gift in store or speak to an expert about custom designing and building your next kitchen, dining room, bedroom, bathroom and everything in between.
For the Outdoorsy
- Algonquin Outfitters offers three floors of specialty outdoor retail space for the active and adventurous person on your holiday list. From equipment such as skis, snowboards, bikes and boats to camping and fishing gear as well as clothing and accessories, there is truly something for everyone in their downtown Huntsville location.
- Muskoka Bicycle Pro Shop has been a Huntsville staple for cycling needs since 1982. They carry all types and sizes from top brands as well as clothing and accessories. They also offer custom bike design, fitting and repair services.
- Sharpley Source for Sports is your local source for sports gear and accessories. They offer an extensive supply of hockey equipment and accessories, plus other sporting gear, clothing, footwear and fashions for everyone on your holiday list.
For the Gamers
- Mind’s Alive Huntsville has everything you need to keep you and your kids occupied indoors and in your own backyard. They have puzzles, crafts, books and loads of outdoor games and activities. A source for most popular brands, Mind’s Alive is perfect for the young and young at heart on your list.
- Up North Games has a huge selection of board games, pop culture items and comics for youth and adults. The area’s best source for Magic the Gathering, Up North Games also carries collectible sports cars and fantasy figurines. Drop by for all your gaming needs this season.
For the Music Lover
- The Record Shoppe is your premiere vinyl music destination in Muskoka. They carry the newest arrivals and best sellers in vinyl, as well as turntables and accessories. Be sure to check out their Shoppe the Wall curated selection of albums that changes weekly.
For the Artsy-Fartsy
- North Art Supplies provides fine art supplies and custom framing. Artist owned and operated since 1995, they offer excellent knowledge and expertise combined with a friendly and helpful shopping experience.
- Picture Yourself Well provides art and photo therapy that creates opportunities for change and healing. Currently accepting new patients, the service offers individual sessions, small group workshops and online therapies.
For the Lovers of Shiny Things
- Muskoka Jewellery Design has been a downtown Huntsville staple since 1995. They carry a wide range of one-of-a-kind jewelleries designed and constructed by their in-house metalsmiths. They work in silver, gold and platinum with precious and semi-precious stones and provide jewellery repair, restorations and custom work.
For the 420-Friendly & Vapers
- Mellow Moose has a large selection of smoke products, growing guides and tools combined with knowledgeable staff to assist in you. They also carry appliances, infusers and cookbooks as well as in-home products such as incense and candles.
For the Tattoo Lovers
- Empire Ink Muskoka is a full-service tattoo and piercing studio. Their Brunel Road studio rigorously follows all health regulations and provides a safe and friendly atmosphere. Empire Ink Muskoka also offers gift certificates for the ink lover in your life.
For the Food Lovers
- Allora Muskoka is one of the newest additions to Huntsville’s Main Street. The restaurant offers a fresh, locally sourced menu with unique cocktails and beverages and an array of polished and delightful desserts. Allora provides a sophisticated atmosphere that transports guests to the heart of Italy.
- Beaver Tails is one of Canada’s most famous pastries. Their deliciously addictive, whole wheat pastries are served piping hot with your choice of delectable toppings. Home of the “flat donuts”, they also offer ice cream and other iconic Canadian treats.
- Huntsville Brewhouse is a part of the Lake of Bays Brewing Co. family. Located on Main Street, the restaurant offers a delicious mix of pub favourites and inspired originals. The site also houses a micro-brewery and retail store where you can purchase your favourite Lake of Bays brews and merchandise.
- Main St. Local Kitchen is all about feel good food. They take pride in preparing meals in-house using locally sourced ingredients. This holiday season they are also offering a Christmas meal package you can simply pick up, heat and serve.
- Marigold Unique Flavour prides itself on delivering the very best Indian cuisine with their chef’s unique twist. Experience the unique flavours of India in their safe and friendly atmosphere with their exceptional, professional staff.
- Mottbora Sushi on Huntsville’s Main Street provides a vast selection of your sushi favourites from an extensive menu. Choose from lunch and dinner specials, small plates, entrees as well as rolls, boats and plates.
- On the Docks Pub has been the Huntsville hot spot for locals and visitors for the last 20 years. Located directly on the town dock, their menu is the perfect blend of comfort food and pub classics. The atmosphere is classic Muskoka and their drink menu has something for everyone!
- Pizza Pizza Huntsville is located steps from the historic swing bridge and town dock. Offering the full line of pizza classics you love with wings, fries, sides and drinks, make Pizza Pizza your next take-out meal destination.
- Seng’s Thai Cuisine is proud to serve their delicious menu with healthy options in the heart of Huntsville. They offer an extensive selection of authentic thai cuisine, including fried rice, noodles, seafood, curry and bbq dishes. They also have gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan menu options.
- That Little Place by the Lights is an Italian restaurant serving traditional cuisine from recipes learned from Nonna. They specialize in home-cooked Italian pasta, lasagna, gnocchi, homemade gelato and pizza. The restaurant also has fresh and frozen meals to go including lasagna, cannelloni meatballs and more.
- The Good Food Co-op has recently opened a location on Huntsville’s Main Street. The co-op is a member-owned not-for-profit grocery store and food hub that supports local, sustainable food products whenever possible. Drop by and sample something from their delicious menu including sweet treats or shop their festive gift ideas.
- The Mill on Main makes their food from scratch, just like the good ol’ days. The restaurant is proud to display heritage photographs and tools used at the Huntsville Planing Mill, where their name originated. With a varied and delicious menu that includes Mill classics, entrees and wood fired pizzas from their authentic pizza oven, the Mill on Main is perfect for a casual dinner or take-out surprise!
For the Sugar Fiends and Coffee Lovers
Affogato Café + Gelato creates authentic gelato flavours and products, specialty coffees, signature sandwiches, soups, Italian pastries and desserts. They also offer gluten free, vegan and dairy free options. Drop by for some holiday favourites such as gingerbread cappuccino and peppermint hot chocolate.
The Nutty Chocolatier has been a staple on Huntsville’s Main Street since 1997. Perhaps best known for their ice cream selection, they also offer hand crafted chocolates, sugar free chocolates, novelties, candy, fudge, imported and domestic candy and well as gift baskets and other gift items. The store is now offering online shopping as well, making it even easier to stock up on your favourite sweet treats.
It has never been more important to shop local than this holiday season. Skip the online shipping nightmares and head to Downtown Huntsville to get your shop on. Stores and staff are diligently following and maintaining all safety guidelines to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable shopping experience this December. Find the perfect gifts for everyone on your list in Downtown Huntsville.