- This event has passed.
Celebrate Canada Day
July 1 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Canada Day in Huntsville starts with streets decorated with thousands of Canadian Flags by Coldwell Banker.
- 9 am – Village at Muskoka Heritage Place opens (Admission is free to 11 am)
- Enjoy Peameal Bacon on a Bun* by the Lions Club on the Village Green
- Stroll the museum, First Nations component, live music with the Muskoka Concert Band, farm animals, blacksmith, General Store, ice cream* and homesteaders
- “Canada Up” with flags and temporary tattoos
- 10 am – Meet your Mayor and elected officials on the Village Green — and Huntsville’s namesake Captain Hunt — along with the winner of the Mayor’s Public Speaking Contest
- Enjoy Canada Day Cupcakes courtesy of Bullock’s Independent served by Huntsville Town Council
- 12 noon – Wander down to the Rotary Village Station for the annual steam up of the Portage Flyer Train at noon and even catch a train ride* to Fairy Lake!
- 1 pm to 7 pm – Take a stroll to historic downtown’s River Mill Park where Hunters Bay 88.7 FM Radio presents “Canada Fest” free concert from 1 pm to 7 pm featuring Laganza, The Sean Cotton Band, The Stephen Stanley Band, The Rivers, Big Sweet Lou and Bexatron
- Enjoy all that Downtown Huntsville has to offer with local food*, craft beverage*, heritage, culture, music, arts, historic architecture, shopping*, parks, trails and free family fun
- 10pm – End the day at 10 pm with fireworks by the Huntsville Fire Department over Hunters Bay, musically matched on the Moose 105.5 FM Radio
Family friendly, all are welcome. Asterisk* indicates nominal fee. All other activities are free!