As Canada turns another year older, it’s once again time to celebrate with festivities all across Huntsville and Lake of Bays!
Find out what is happening across the region here.
Celebrate Canada Day in Huntsville
Muskoka Heritage Place, River Mill Park & Hunters Bay // 9am – 10:30pm
Canada is 152 years young, and Huntsville is celebrating with festivities for the whole family all day long.
Canada Day in Huntsville starts with streets decorated with thousands of Canadian Flags by Coldwell Banker.
- 9 am – Village at Muskoka Heritage Place opens (Admission is free to 11 am)
- Enjoy Peameal Bacon on a Bun* by the Lions Club on the Village Green
- Stroll the museum, First Nations component, live music with the Muskoka Concert Band, farm animals, blacksmith, General Store, ice cream* and homesteaders
- “Canada Up” with flags and temporary tattoos
- 10 am – Meet your Mayor and elected officials on the Village Green — and Huntsville’s namesake Captain Hunt — along with the winner of the Mayor’s Public Speaking Contest
- Enjoy Canada Day Cupcakes courtesy of Bullock’s Independent served by Huntsville Town Council
- 12 noon – Wander down to the Rotary Village Station for the annual steam up of the Portage Flyer Train at noon and even catch a train ride* to Fairy Lake!
- 1 pm to 7 pm – Take a stroll to historic downtown’s River Mill Park where Hunters Bay 88.7 FM Radio presents “Canada Fest” free concert from 1 pm to 7 pm featuring Laganza, The Sean Cotton Band, The Stephen Stanley Band, The Rivers, Big Sweet Lou and Bexatron
- Enjoy all that Downtown Huntsville has to offer with local food*, craft beverage*, heritage, culture, music, arts, historic architecture, shopping*, parks, trails and free family fun
- 10pm – End the day at 10 pm with fireworks by the Huntsville Fire Department over Hunters Bay, musically matched on the Moose 105.5 FM Radio
Family friendly, all are welcome. Asterisk* indicates nominal fee. All other activities are free!
For more information visit: huntsville.ca
Port Sydney Canada Day Festivities
Mary Lake Beachfront // 10am – 3pm
The Port Sydney Parks and Recreation Group will be hosting Canada Day festivities on 1 July 2019 at Mary Lake Beachfront, Port Sydney from 10am to 3pm.
There will be a BBQ, sand castle building competition, face painting, games, t-shirt painting, DJ tunes and an appearance by the Huntsville Pipe & Drum Band.
In the event of rain, limited activities will take place at the Port Sydney Community Centre.
For more information visit: facebook.com
Celebrate Canada Day at Oxtongue Lake
Oxtongue Lake Community Centre // 11am – 2pm
This July 1st, come out to the Oxtongue Lake Community Centre from 11am – 2pm and enjoy great food, games, a bouncy castle, face painting, a drum circle, a silent auction, and a DJ!
Donations to help cover costs appreciated.
For more information visit: lakeofbays.on.ca
Happy Canada Day everyone!