The Dwight Winter Carnival Returns February 24-25, 2023!
For 51 years, the Dwight Winter Carnival has been delighting young and old with mid-winter festivities celebrating the frostiest of seasons.
The excitement begins Friday night with Kids’ Kapers. Bring your young ones to the Dwight Community Centre from 5:30pm to 7:30pm for games, snacks, prizes, and a whole lot of fun! Everyone leaves a winner!
With your appetite whetted for more, plan to spend Saturday exploring the many carnival activities, from delicious dishes to wildlife encounters.
Kick the day off with a tasty pancake breakfast hosted by the Dwight Lions Club. Get your grub by donation starting at 8:30am. But be sure to save room for donut decorating, hosted by Erika’s Bakery, and the Kiwanis BBQ lunch later in the day!
If you love animals, you won’t want to miss the Speaking of Wildlife interactive presentations at 10am and 1pm in the community centre, featuring native Ontario wildlife. Or stop by any time to chat with the interpreters and get an up-close look at their wildlife ambassadors. Outside, take a horse-drawn wagon ride, or visit with a herd of charming goats.
Or shake off the winter chill with some outdoor activity. Take your best aim with the Archers of Muskoka, and put your putting skills to the test on the nine-hole mini-golf course. Challenge your friends to a friendly climbing competition – who can make it to the top of the 25-foot rock wall?
And everyone’s favourite Zorbs are back! Safe inside an inflated orb, you can careen around the enclosure, bouncing off your friends for the most fun you can have in a bubble suit.
Experience it all for just $4 per person!
Here’s the full schedule of events:
- Dwight Lions Club Pancake Breakfast: 8:30 – 10:15am (by donation)
- Speaking of Wildlife – Wildlife Exhibits: 8:30am – 4pm
- Oversized Games: 9am – 4pm
- 25′ Rock Climbing Wall: 9am – 4pm
- Zorbs: 9am – 4pm
- Fish Pond: 9am – 4pm
- All Star 9 Hole Mini Golf: 9am – 4pm
- Twinspin Ride: 9am – 4pm
- Archers of Muskoka – Archery: 10am – 4pm
- Muskoka Goat Away – Visits with Goats: 10am – 4pm
- Erika’s Bakery – Doughnut Decorating: 11am – 3pm
- Kiwanis BBQ Lunch, Coffee & Hot Chocolate: 11:30am -2:30pm
- Speaking of Wildlife – Wildlife Shows: 10am & 1pm
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides: 11am – 3pm
- Erika’s Bakery – Tea Making: 1 – 2pm
Buttons can be purchased in advance for $4 apiece, or get one free when you buy 4 buttons for $12! Get yours at the locations below or at the gate:
The Dwight Community Centre, 1014 Dwight Beach Road, is your hub for a full day of winter carnival fun. Don’t miss out!
For more information please visit our WEBSITE.
Make the most of your visit to Huntsville and Lake of Bays and check out these amazing accommodations nearby.